Footsteps is a charity working in Warrington and St Helens in the North West of England. We offer listening, information and support to anyone affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol use. Since our foundation in 2000, we have helped thousands of parents, grandparents, partners, siblings and friends to cope with their situation in the best way for them.
Our trained staff and volunteers are always ready to help. Our service is free, and you can talk to someone about your fears, feelings and concerns in a friendly, confidential environment.
Footsteps 2000 Ltd takes seriously its responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Footsteps has safer recruitment, codes of conduct and policies and procedures in place to ensure that we put safeguarding at the centre of the support we offer.
We aim to:
- empower clients to achieve changes in their family relationships which improve their own well-being and that of other family members.
- provide accurate information and awareness about drugs and alcohol and about local services available to the substance user.
- continue supporting clients throughout the substance use career of the family member.
- recruit, train and supervise volunteers and family support workers, to a recognised high level of competence, who will deliver this service locally to the highest possible standard.
- reduce the stigma associated with substance misuse by providing accurate and understandable drug awareness training to the wider local community when appropriate.